Creating Your First Sitecore Page
This is the section where things start to get a little more exciting, from this point onwards we’re going to roll up our sleeves and start writing some code. This aim of this guide is to start from the beginning and it assumes that you haven’t had any experience in breaking up a design into Sitecore components at all. In the first article, I’ll explain how Sitecore makes managing your companies website easier and how to split a design/HTML page into website components.
Before we begin, I should probably point out that this guide isn’t the best way to create a Sitecore page. When you start Sitecore development full-on there are a number of developer Tools, like Sitecore Rocks that allows you to do a lot of the steps listed in this guide directly from Visual Studio, rather than within Sitecore itself. Using Sitecore Rocks makes your life a lot easier, however, it I would recommend you understand how the process works in Sitecore itself, as that knowledge will be very beneficial to you.
1. How To Architect Your First Sitecore Page… Sitecore Fundamentals Explained
2. How To Create A Master Data Template In Sitecore
3. How To Create A Template For A Content Page In Sitecore
4. How To Create A Layout For A Sitecore Page
5. How To Create A Sub Layout and Add It to a Page in Sitecore
6. How To Add Renderings To Sitecore Pages