This is a quick one that will, hopefully, save someone out there an hour or two! Recently I was doing a deployment and I came across this error:
I tried all the usualy IISREST, clean the temp .NET files a reboot but nothing worked until I realised what had happened... I did some cleaning on the server and had 'cleaned' the 'Bin' folder. When I did my next deploy, some of the core EPi assemblies had not copied over correctly because some of the assemblies were set as 'copy local' set to true. When I did my deployment, the EPi core assemblies were missing and the error occured.
Fix: Make sure you have all your core EPiserver dll's included in your build!
Software Architect, Programmer and Technologist Jon Jones is founder and CEO of London-based tech firm Digital Prompt. He has been working in the field for nearly a decade, specializing in new technologies and technical solution research in the web business. A passionate blogger by heart , speaker & consultant from England.. always on the hunt for the next challenge